3.18.2010

A picnic, indeed.

Image Credit: kirstinhanssen.wordpress.com/2009/04/


In the past two or so weeks, I have had the following phrase go through my head multiple times :
"I could eat this every day for the rest of my life."


Anyone who knows me knows that this kind of contentment spoken about food is rare.  I never want to eat the same thing twice in a weeks period.  I get bored quickly, and sometimes would rather be hungry then eat that plain sandwich that stares me in the face day in and day out when I take my lunch out of the fridge at work. (This became true enough that I switched to salads, which more easily offer opportunity for variety and creativity). 


When I make dinner I rarely like making the exact same thing twice - always throw in a couple different spices, a different type of pasta, dice up some onion or garlic or pepper, etc.  To me the fun in food is the discovery of some new mixture of flavors and variations of texture that make a dish yummy.


Anyways, the funny thing is that each of these dishes (that I vowed I could eat every day for the rest of my life) were sort-of simple.  They called for no recipes and no extra spices. None of them were fancy dinner dishes, either, all breakfast or lunch. Also, none of them were desserts which is surprising considering my giddiness over all things sugar. They included:


-peanut butter granola with plain yogurt
-oatmeal with raisins and bananas and walnuts
-a Ciabatta grilled sandwich wit prosciutto, pesto, havarti and ham
-an egg with salt and pepper, buttered toast
-Mango


What about you guys? Any foods you think you could eat (or do eat) every day (for the rest of your lives)??

No comments:

Post a Comment